For me, knowledge of the past helps to inform how I understand the present and plan for the future. So my work in different media often draws on historical and cultural research to enrich the storylines and suggest ideas.
- If you want to strengthen connections between different aspects of stories about people, places and nature, I know how to research and make those links.
- Nature and culture; science and art; built heritage and history; landscape and wildlife: I can help you to discover fresh angles and new perspectives.
In some of my work, the history is up-front. This includes
- island monuments blogs for Historic Scotland
- research and writing of softcover books on the history of the Falkland Estate, Glenfinglas Estate and the Lewis Peatlands
- development of heritage trails, leaflets and interpretation boards for both the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs and Cairngorms National Parks.
You can download an example of some of this work here: